Sink your sweet-tooth into indulgent Nanaimo Cake, that has a decadent crunchy almond and biscuit base, a delightful cream cheese filling with National Vanilla Custard, topped with a rich chocolate ganache frosting.
Ready 55 min
Serving 6-8 People
Total Price From $0.00
- Almonds ¼ cup
- Digestive Biscuits 1 cup
- Cocoa Power 2 tsp
- Flaked Coconut ¼ cup
- Melted Butter ? cup
- Cream Cheese 3.8oz
- Icing Sugar ½ up
- National Vanilla Custard Powder 3 tbsp
- Eggs 3
- Chocolate Chips 1 cup
- Heavy (whipping) Cream ½ cup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For the base of the cake, blend ¼ cup of almonds, 2 wheat biscuits, 2 tbsp cocoa powder, 1 cup of flaked coconut, and 2 tbsp melted butter. Pulse until it resembles a sandy texture.
- Press the biscuit base mixture in the bottom of a springform pan and bake it for8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer, mix 1 cup cream cheese and ½ cup granulated sugar together until light and fluffy. Now add 2 tsp National Vanilla Custard Powder and mix well until combined. Add 3 eggs and whisk again.
- Pour this filling over the crust and bake for 60 minutes.
- Bring the cheesecake to normal temperature and place in the refrigerator.
- To make the ganache, add ½ cup cream and 1 cup chocolate chips in a small sauce pan on low heat and stir until smooth and glossy. Bring the mixture to room temperature before pouring over the cheesecake. Refrigerate for few hours.